Sunday, January 29, 2017

HYMN - The God of Abraham Praise

The God of Abraham Praise 

~ Thomas Olivers, 1725-1799 

Stanza 1:
The God of Abraham praise;
Who reigns enthroned above,
Ancient of everlasting days,
And God of love,
Jehovah, great I AM,
By earth and heav'n confessed,
I bow and bless the sacred Name
Forever blest. 



Stanza 2:
The God of Abraham praise,
At whose supreme command
From earth I rise and seek the joys
At His right hand.
I all on earth forsake,
Its wisdom, fame, and pow'r,
And Him my only portion make,
My shield and tow'r. 



Stanza 3:
He by Himself hath sworn -
I on His oath depend;
I shall, on eagles' wings upborne,
To heav'n ascend.
I shall behold His face,
I shall His pow'r adore,
And sing the wonders of His grace
Forevermore. 



Stanza 4:
The whole triumphant host
Give thanks to God on high;
"Hail, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!"
They ever cry.
Hail, Abraham's God and mine!
I join the heav'nly lays,
All might and majesty are Thine,
And endless praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment