Saturday, December 31, 2016

Hymn - I Stand Amazed in the Presence

I Stand Amazed in the Presence

Charles H. Gabriel, 1856 - 1932

Stanza 1:
I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how he could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean. 

Refrain:

How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
How marvelous! How wonderful
Is my Savior's love for me! 

Stanza 2:
For me it was in the garden
He prayed: "Not my will, but thine."
He had no tears for His own griefs,
But sweat-drops of blood for mine. 

Refrain:

Stanza 3:
In pity angels beheld Him,
And came from the world of light
To comfort Him in the sorrows
He bore for my soul that night. 

Refrain:

Stanza 4:
He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone. 

Refrain:

Stanza 5:
When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
'twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me. 

Refrain:

No comments:

Post a Comment