Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Thoughts from a Lego



The other day I was building a new “Little” lego set.
I started by dumping all the pieces out on my desk.
Amazingly, they did not instantly begin to put themselves together,
but simply sat there on the desk.

I could have let them sit there for a while to see if they would assemble themselves, but I did not have that much time, or room on the desk. So I began to put the set together, it did not take very long, but it was enjoyable.

 Soon the little tractor was complete.


Now, I will admit I had a picture of what the set should look like when I got finished.  I also did not want to over tax my brain so I used the instructions to get done quicker.


When I finished I thought how nice it was to have the instructions to show me how to make the tractor. But I also thought about the fact that God has given us the instructions for how we ought to live our lives, how to behave, speak, etc.
I also realized that God has given us a picture. He did not just give us vast instructions of how we should live and leave us with no visible goal to see. 
No indeed! God gave us the perfect picture of what our lives should look like, if we follow His instructions. That picture is His Son Jesus Christ. The perfect example, because He is the perfect man. Jesus lived a life without sin and while He was on earth He was an example of compassion, love, gracious words, humility, peace, sacrifice, servant hood, devotion to God, and so much more. 

  God has given us a gift, His perfect, sinless Son, to redeem us from sin,
who is the picture for us to model our lives after as we follow
God’s Holy and perfect instructions, the Bible! Praise God for His gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment