Friday, September 4, 2015

Two Years ago

September 4th, 2013 was the day I landed in Sierra Leone.
I knew the moment was special,
but I did not anticipate how greatly God would use 
the people of Sierra Leone to impact my life.


I thank the Lord for the Sierra Leoneon people 
Mojo, Alfred, Zainab, Michael, Fati & Fati, Yusif and the many others
whom I have come to care deeply about.


 The first and last thing I saw in Sierra Leone

But this is what I will not forget

With any crowd of Children there would come the cry "apatoo, appatoo" 
After nearly a year, among many children that cry became
"Amee, Amee".
Just a simple white girl among all those "chocolate" children.
Did I make a difference in their lives?
Maybe not,  but they made a difference in mine!



360 days in the land of the Lion Mountains

360 days I would not trade for anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment